We are thrilled to announce that Rebecca and Matt had a beautiful little girl today, August 9, 2008. Her name (99% sure) is Bree Elaine. Bree weighed in at 7 lbs. 8 oz. and was born at about 2:30 PM. Becca was about four days over her due date, but all went well.
The name Bree is of Irish origin and means "upbeat" and the name Elaine means "torch" or "light." So we think of her as just a positive, bright little spirit. She certainly has lived up to her lovely cheerful name in her first day on earth.
Above, you can see Rebecca and Bree shortly after birth. Below, she is pictured with Matt, and with Grandma and Grandpa. She has stolen our hearts. Tomorrow the siblings will come to the hospital to visit, but today they enjoyed a quiet day at home with Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Steven. Stay tuned for more pictures in a day or two of the whole adorable gang.
3 comments:
Hooray Hooray Hooray!!! From what I can see, I think she looks like Becca...She's beautiful! Hooray to Becca for birthing such a beautiful little baby. We can't wait for more pictures...I could easily look at 100 or so :)
YEAH!! Go Becca and go Bree. We are so excited for your little family. She is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her. Our little olympic baby :) We are so proud of you Becca for making it...whew. I guess I'll be doing this in a few months..aghhh... haha. I guess it's worth it though. I love her already :)
BREE IS BEAUTIFUL! We love the pictures and the name! Our kids have figured out, as perhaps you already know, that her initials spell BEC. How clever of you! We are so happy that Bree is here safely and all is well. We thought of you every day while we were at the beach, wondering if we were missing a call while we were out catching waves! Tina and I said several times while we were together on Friday "I wish Becca would have her baby today!" So, Saturday was pretty close! We love all of you cute Cardons! And, congrats too, on having such good-looking grandparents on hand for the great photo ops! Holly said she really hopes I look like Aunt Jill when I am a grandma. Me too! She is also excited to have a cousin who is 99% sure to have the same middle name Elaine!
Post a Comment