This year the Thelin beach adventure was unique in several ways:
First, because the beach of choice was much farther than usual—Myrtle Beach, SC. This location was chosen because Tina and family have recently moved to that area and the kids were begging to see Spencer and Anni again! Being able to spend time with them was the highlight of the trip!
Second, because we had good friends that were ironically vacationing at the exact same place at the exact same time. (OK, so the boys might have engineered that one a little bit—refer to cute teenage girls in photo below.)
Third, because there were many obstacles such as trouble getting time off of work, worrying about leaving Grandma and Grandpa, finding a place to stay, pet issues, and car malfunctions. Somehow all of these things were taken care of, with me only freaking a little bit. OK, a lot. But it all turned out fine. (Many, many thanks to Jack and Cindy for being on call and helping with the doctor appointment with us away and Farrells in CA!)
Fourth, because it was the week of our 20th wedding anniversary! We typically are on vacation with all of the kids to celebrate, but 20 is a noteworthy number!
Fifth, because Chris is like leaving in a few weeks and will not be going with us on beach trips for a few years…..but don’t get me started.
And thus it came to pass that our original plan for an extended weekend getaway became a full-fledged week-long actual vacation at a fabulous resort featuring unbelievable weather, great beaches, fun and beautiful friends just 2 floors below us, really cool turtles in the lake, a few jellyfish, a couple of days with much-loved family (did I mention WE HAD THE BEST TIME WITH THE KIRBYS!!!!!! It was such a blast!), delicious donuts (Myrtle Beach is like the KrispyKreme capitol of the world), buckets and buckets of seashells, the world’s largest dribble castle, 14th floor balconies (did you know there is no 13th floor in hotels? Except in the Tower of Terror of course…which explains a lot), a picture with a baby white Siberian tiger (no joke), and just a super time together. Here are some of the pictures! They are in weird order but I can’t get them to move around—who knows why.
All very cute!
5 comments:
How fun! I'm so jealous. I want to have a weeklong beach trip with you guys. That was so fun that you were able to hang out with the Kirbys. I also like how nice it was that your boys got to see a bunch of girls :) Your trip looks like a BLAST. I'm so glad that all the stress paid off :)
How convenient that there were some cute beautiful girls a few floors beneath you for your teenage boys :) How awesome that you had wonderful weather...we always seem to strike out int he weather department when we go to Atlantic beaches! And, you two look totally cute after 20 years of marriage. I love your suit!
How fun that you got to be with Tina and Aaron's family. Tina does look adorable!
Happy 20th Anniversary. CRAZY! You really do look wonderful together -- still. I love the picture of the 5 kids piled on top of each other, and the cute goggles on Spencer, and your two teenage boys together.
I do love those stackable Thelins in the opening picture! The Kirby family is equally adorable...I love Anni's new teeth!
Jan and Gordon, I forgot about your anniversary! My goodness, you are still cute as ever. We are certainly glad you found each other, and managed to keep each other. Happy Anniversary.
As usual, your writing skills bring your adventures to life as well as the pictures! You are amazing. So glad you had this wonderful week.
Must add: Chris and Jeffrey look like they're right out of the movie, "Chariots of Fire," in the beach running scene. It that's the look you were going for, you got it!
Post a Comment