Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Elder Farrell!


Joseph Brooks Farrell, September 1, 1987

(Feel free to comment on this blog, sending your birthday wishes to Joey. I will send him a copy of the blog and all the comments about a week before his birthday. So, please respond by evening Tues. Aug. 26.)

Elder Joseph Farrell, known in his former and future life as "Joey," will be celebrating his 21st birthday on September 1. He is currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Texas. Speaking both Spanish and English, he teaches the gospel, helps others, and serves the Lord with 100% devotion. On October 3, he will have completed his two year mission and will be returning home to resume his plans for the future. He'll likely stay in Virginia for the fall, get reacquainted with his family and friends, earn a little money....and then return to BYU as a sophomore after Christmas. We have missed him SO MUCH! But the time has passed swiftly and with many blessings. We are grateful and proud of all the Joey has accomplished and all that he has become.

Joey, we love you dearly! You have brought us joy since the day you were born. You are always in our hearts and prayers.
Happy Birthday!!
Love, Mom





Happy Birthday, Elder Farrell! See you in a few weeks!

11 comments:

Hannah said...

Hooray Joey! We all think you are amazing. Your weekly letters from your mission are something I always look forward to reading. It's been amazing to see how much you have grown and how much I can learn from you. We just love you more than words can say!!!

I can't believe we will see you in just a few weeks. It's unbelievable that two years have passed already!

Jill said...

Two friends asked me to send you these messages:

FROM THE DECKERS:
Happy Birthday Elder Farrell from the Deckers. We are 37 strong now.

FROM THE LEYDSMANS:
Brother Joseph,
Happy Birthday!! Your service has been such a blessing to your family and to our ward. It has espescially been a strength to the Aaronic Priesthood of our ward. Thank you. I hope you take a moment and enjoy your birthday by sharing the gospel with someone...oh wait, that's everyday!!! We love and look forward to your return. Godspeed brother!
Brother Leydsman

Jill said...

FROM THE QUANS:
(currently living in Thailand)
Dear Joey,
Happy Birthday from your friends in Thailand! (Now you can say you have friends all the way around the world). We are so excited to hear about your mission adventures. May the Lord bless you in all that you do and know that we are thinking about you.

Sincerely yours,
The Quans

Angela and Mike said...

Happy birthday bro! I'm so excited to have you home in a few weeks. Mike and I are so proud of all you've accomplished on your mission. I look forward to reading your letters every week. You have grown so much and you are such an example to me.

Happy birthday again...you are the best. I'm glad I had you as a buddy and friend all growing up. Here's to many MORE years of being buddies :)

Jill said...

FROM THE PACHECOS:
Happy Birthday, Elder Farrell!

We all (from the Pacheco household) wish you a very happy birthday! James says that you have been his "mentor" and someone to whom he looks up to, to try to follow in your footsteps.

You have been an exceptional example for all of the young men to follow after. I am so grateful for that. Thank you for making my job as a parent much easier!

I know that you are and have been a marvelous missionary. We are looking forward to your return. Fred Axelgard's homecoming talk today, was amazing with such a powerful spirit. We are so blessed to have this amazing Gospel which raises up such marvelous youth who become terrific missionaries and then powerful leaders in the church.

You are one of the "Great Ones." We are blessed to be able to know you. I know that you will stay strong to the end.

Much love,
Carol Pacheco and the family

janner said...

Happy Birthday Joey! We cannot believe it is time for you to come home! Too bad you and Chris will miss each other by a few weeks--but we have Christmas to get you all together! Remember the birthdays when you and Chris each had a turn blowing out candles and then got fabulous stacks of Legos and Star Wars junk? What is scary to me is that I remember getting a phone call when I had just arrived at BYU Fall Semester 1987 that you were born! Life is crazy! We love your letters every week, and we love you! Thanks for being such an example and inspiration to all of us! See you soon!
Love, Jan and the Thelin clan

Dan said...

Happy Birthday, Joey! I remember in 1987 all of us kids were staying at grandma's house while Mom was in the hospital. Finally we got the phone call that Mom had a baby, and it was a BOY! I was so excited to FINALLY have a brother! It was the happiest day of my ten-year-old life.

I love you tons and I think you're such a good and fun guy! I'm excited to see you again. Keep working hard so you can be proud of your final month on the mission.

Chris and Jeffrey said...

Hey Joey! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I was just thinking how old it is to be 21, you seem more like 19 to me, but then I realized I am turning 19! WEIRD. I hope your last month in the field is your best. It's been awesome reading your letters each week, and has helped me to start thinking ahead to how I want my mission to be. So, thanks! We can't wait to hear you tell about all your adventures in person! (which you'll probably tell everyone when you come home and then will have to tell all over again when I come for Christmas :P)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Joey! I've loved getting those weekly emails from you. Hope you have a great last couple of weeks on your mission. Don't be trunky! No seriously, you're the coolest missionary ever, and now the coolest 21 year old ever!

Love, Stephen

dan sr. said...

"Time [sure] flys on wings of lightning..." You've grown from "tippy toe Joe" to super missionary Elder Farrell. We love you and are rejoice in all you've been able to do and accomplish on your mission. Happy birthday and race on to the finish.

becca said...

I love that great Joey smile in all the pictures mom posted! Happy Birthday, little brother. I have always loved getting to share in your experiences, seeing you sing in high school and now seeing you serve a mission. I love you, and I appreciate the example you set for me and for my own two little boys who look up to you. Happy last missionary month!