Thursday, August 21, 2008

Love, true love.

Hannah and Sam, 5 years
August is a host of happy occasions, remembering some of the happiest dates in history!!!!
Hannah and Sam celebrated their 5th anniversary on August 16. We love them dearly, and are so happy they found each other. They are examples of strength, love and devotion to all of us...and they make it look fun!

On top of that, Sam's birthday is today August 21! We LOVE you, Sam. Hannah could not have found a better match than you. Thank you for entering our lives and taking such good care of our dear daughter and those two precious babies. For a real treat, tune into Hannah's blog for Erica's musical tribute to her dad on his special day.



Becca and Matt, 9 years
What can we say about Becca and Matt, except THANK YOU for being you. We are so blessed that you found each other at BYU and married 9 years ago on August 19, on the 49th wedding anniversary of Becca's grandparents, Max and Elaine. We love you both dearly. You have always seemed wise beyond your years, and we know it was God's plan to get you together. (And thanks for the four perfect little angels.)


Jan and Gordon, 20 years
Twenty years? Really? When are you going to grow up?? Looks like you're still having too much fun to me. Seriously, you are both at the heart of so much love and joy in our lives. You truly have no idea how much we all look up to you. Your love for each other, for your children, and for us is obvious in all you do. And Jan, we really have figured out why you married Gordon.


Max and Elaine, 58 years
No words are adequate here. After all these years, they remain the center of of hearts and lives. Without them, our lives as we know them do not even exist. Because of their example of unconditional and incomparable love, we all enjoy the sense of purpose and security that would save the world if more people had it.

5 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Wow, love is in the air! congratulations to ALL of you on being such wonderful examples of happy marriages :) I look up to all of you and see how Mike and I will be 5,9,20, and 58 years in the future!

janner said...

Wow! What an honor to be one of the "poster couples", even if we are one of the old couples! Thanks for the fun tribute! Also, Happy Anniversary to all the August weddingers (it's late). And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Sam! I am anxious to watch the Erica video!

Hannah said...

Love all the pictures! I'm going to have to download the one of Sam and I because I have none of my pictures digitally. Did you just scan it in?

Yeah it's true, Sam and I do have quite the fun time together :) Becca and Matt, you really are perfect for each other! Jan and Gordon, I'm glad you haven't grown up yet ;). Grandma and Grandpa, what perfect examples of what marriage is really about! We love all of you.

Hannah said...

Correction: "...download the one of me and Sam..." Happy Steven?? I knew you'd be proud of my correction.

becca said...

I am so glad I picked August for my wedding month -- I am in such good company!

I think I'll be shmoopy and watch my wedding video now (thanks to Hannah)!