Saturday, September 6, 2008

We Love Christopher! Happy Birthday!

Christopher Murray Thelin was born on September 7, 1989 at Utah Valley Hospital at 7:01 pm during BYU's opening football game (this was memorable because our doctor had to forfeit his 50 yd. line tickets to deliver Chris. Well, and 11 other babies.) Forced to arrive three weeks early, Chris weighed in at a whopping 6 lbs. 4 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long. It was quite an adventure to get him here--we were informed that if we had been pioneers, neither one of us (Chris nor I) would have made it through the delivery (though I can't imagine Gordon would have fared too well either--it was hard enough just to keep him conscious in the modern day! ) To us, our baby Christopher was a perfect little miracle...

From the moment you were born, Chris, you have made us smile!
You have always had your own unique style!


Since an early age, your many achievements have been most impressive.

You have been a terrifically awesome big brother!
You have amazed us with your HUGE array of talents!


You have kept us laughing with your humor!

But most of all, we are just privileged to know you, Christopher. You are handsome, fun, talented, creative, and brilliant! We hope that you have a fabulous day and a super year ahead! Happy 19th Birthday! We love you and miss you and want you to know that you are the very very very BEST! (Heidi added the extra "verys"--thank goodness, since I hadn't added enough!)

5 comments:

Hannah said...

We DO love Christopher! Happy Birthday, Chris! I'm so excited that you are out at BYU and get to have that experience. You are going to LOVE the devotionals, the people, the classes, the campus...

We can't wait to hear about all of your adventures. Have a wonderful semester!

Angela and Mike said...

It's true "we love Christopher"...but you forgot one part "and he loves me". You truly are one of the most awesome people I know! I hope you have a great birthday. My time at BYU was the best of my life...don't worry, you'll feel settled in in a few weeks.

We're excited for all the exciting things you have going on in the next few years. we love you! Happy birthday!

Jill said...

Ditto's on your mom's "handsome, funny, talented....brilliant" etc. description. We love you! You are so thoughtful and kind to everyone. You are just a thoroughly enjoyable person to be with!! We are so glad you are in our lives. We love you dearly, miss you, and wish you a happy BYU Birthday!!

A Little Bit of Aloha said...

Happy Birthday Christopher, what an old man!!! We love ya tonz!! I would have to say Tommy and I are cougar fans through and through and we loved our time at BYU. Kealani wears her cougar cheer outfit for every game. Have fun! Go cougars!!

becca said...

Happy Birthday, Chris! I was thinking of you on your Bday, hoping the Y was treating you well on your special day!
Can I tell you a "I remember" story? I remember when you were a baby and we came to visit you. You were waking up from a nap in a playpen. Your mom said, "He makes a funny face when he wakes up, but you can't laugh at him or he cries." Sure enough, you woke up, scrunched up your face really goofy, and we laughed, and you cried. That might have been the same day as the unforgettable "We love Christopher" song.

Now I'm feeling sentimental (sniff).