Happy Birthday to my mom, who today is 86 years old!
Above left: High School graduation picture.
Above right: Elaine with Uncle Milton and her parents.
You are our shining example of kindness, patience, and unconditional love. You DEFINE the word "mother"--as well as the words grandmother, sister, wife, friend, aunt, and anything to do with relationships. Your caring for and about others is legend! So many people love you and wish you well today. Thank you for always loving us and caring about every single thing that is important to us. Wherever you are defines "home" for all of us. You are at the center of our hearts.
Above left, Elaine (second from left) poses with her sisters.
Above right, Elaine and Ethel show off their beautiful babies, Jack and Nancy.
Above: Elaine with nephew Corey, Elaine with baby brother Stuart
Above, Max and Elaine.
Below, with Jack, Jill and Jan.
Max and Elaine have 3 children, 13 grandchildren, and 10 going on 11 great-grandchildren.
Thank you for your strong faith and righteous example.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Thank you for your strong faith and righteous example.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!







6 comments:
Happy Birthday grandma. You are the best. I loved growing up with you nearby. You helped shape me into the person I am today. You are a woman of grace, humility, gratitude, love, service, devotion and humor! I ALWAYS loved going to grandma's house and probably would've even preferred to LIVE there when I was a kid :)
Thanks for always making me feel like your FAVORITE granddaughter (although, since telling me that as a child...you told me that we are ALL your favorites. haha)
We love you so much. Have a happy birthday!
Happy Birthday Grandma! We're so glad that we get to celebrate with you next week.
I echo Angela's comment...going to grandma's house as a child was always a exciting, fun, and memorable! We LOVED the sleepovers we had with you. The spirit of love and caring in your home was always so welcoming and so embracing as a child. You taught us art, nature, imagination, friendship, love, and faith. Your example will always be at the foundation of my testimony in the gospel. We love you!
From Richard and Lisa:
Dear Aunt Elaine,HAPPY BIRTHDAY from the new jersey kreischers.miss you and hope all is well.summer flew by,and lisa and i are home for awhile after a trip to costa rica and columbia.research on sharks and this trip was special because we had a 3 person submarine that took us to 1000 feet.saw some very weird fish,but no sharks at that depth.we loose light at about 450ft.we did see a 25+ft beaked whale at 650ft.very rare and quite a thrill.the whole experience was so exciting and meaningful.we are very fortunate.enjoy reading jills blog.i know how proud you and max must be.you have such a wonderful family.you all are in our prayers. love,richard&lisa
Happy Birthday, Grandma!
I love introducing my little Bree Elaine to people, because I get to tell them that she gets her name from my Grandma. And then people comment on how she looks like me. So if I look like you and Bree looks like me, then . . . (flawless logic here) Bree Elaine takes after you!
I love how Mom wrote that you are great at relationships. As I get older, I am increasingly impressed with your ability to love and care about so many people. Like Angie said, we all feel like your favorites. I am so lucky -- our family is so lucky -- to have you at the heart of our lives.
Love you and thinking of you on your birthday (and every day!)
Grandma, happy birthday! I love you very much! I too was always so excited to go to grandma's house as a kid! I remember Sunday dinners after church in Oakton, with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. And I remember being excited to watch the cuckoo come out of the cuckoo clock.
And now that I'm older it's fun to just talk with you and share thoughts. Thanks for being such a sweet and loving mother for my mom as she was growing up. We love our family and thank you for getting it started right!
Happy Birthday Grandma! It sure is weird not living so close to you and grandpa now... thank you for all you've done over the years for me - telling stories, helping me to eat such big bowls of ice cream, inspiring me to love art.... and like all the others here, I'll always remember spending a good chunk of my childhood at your house, having a great time no matter what was happening! Playing in the basement, making forts with your furniture, playing the cool song on grandpa's keyboard over and over and over and over as loud as we could... thanks for letting us do all that, and have those memories! I miss you, you're the best, and I hope you had a GREAT birthday!
Post a Comment