Friday, October 19, 2007

"Hello, my name is...SPORK"


In 2006, Steven and his parents were a sensation at the ward Halloween Party with their accurate renditions of Star Trek characters. So, this year, how could Steven possibly follow his fabulous version of "Spock"? By portraying an equally fabulous version of "Spork."
Dan and Jill are the proud parents, "Fork" and "Spoon." The idea of being kitchen utensils is actually a recycled one. About a decade ago, Jill wrote and costumed a Roadshow entitled "Fast Food" which included a dance number full of knives, forks, and spoons. After sitting in a box in the basement all these years, it was high time for these costumes to reappear. "Spork" was Steven's idea and was created from one of the old spoons. Dan's and Jill's costumes were straight from the box. See, it pays to keep some clutter around the house!
Happy Halloween one and all!



6 comments:

janner said...

You guys are FABULOUS! What a truly inspiring place setting you all make. Sporks are our family's favorite utensil--there is just nothing like them. Steven, we are just awed by your sheer genious. Great job! Happy Halloween!

Angela and Mike said...

This is awesome, I am loving it. You guys are so funny and totally cool. I hope you got the reaction you wanted...did you win the costume competition? I am proud to call you guys family!

Hannah said...

You look great! The genius of Steven is once again shown through these great costumes. Way to go mom for keeping old things :).

Our site will show pics of our little chick within a few days. Get excited :)

Jill said...

Can't wait to see our little chick, Hannah! I AM excited! And Jan, you are the inspiring one in the family.

Angela, to answer your question ...there was no competition, but we definitely got rave reviews,including "brilliant," which I think was a bit of an overstatement. I mean, "shiny," maybe....The best part was that the little kids all liked it. It was fun in church today, because some of the children would say, "Hey, there's the spoon!" when I passed by. (No, I wasn't still in costume.)

Angela and Mike said...

haha, mom...did you guys sign any autographs at church? If you did, then you can get a view into what Mike's life was like. haha. I do indeed think that the costumes were "brilliant". Go Farrells, we rock.

becca said...

Mom, you were right. I DEFINITELY needed to see these pictures. Way to go! Steven, you remind me of one of my favorite movies: Veggietales, Lord of the Beans. The evil Sporks are "hideous creatures . . . half spoon, half fork."

Creativity always!