Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Brave Sheila

Everyone, keep Sheila in your prayers. Today was her first day of chemotherapy. She had a "port" put in (like Heidi had, under the skin for easy access) a couple of weeks ago. She got her long hair cut short (so if it falls out it won't be so traumatic). Caleb comes every week to their home from Tuesday to Thursday to watch the children, and Jeb and Amy help out as well. Stuart brings Sheila all the way to Loudoun Hospital for the treatments because they like the doctor so much. It's about an hour and twenty minutes each way, so it's manageable. She'll have a chemo treatment every two weeks for a few months, then radiation, I think, after that. She has a very positive attitude and said Uncle Stuart is holding up well. I assured her we would all be praying for her comfort and recovery. Please remember their family, and give your temple a call to put her name on the prayer list if you can. If anyone wants to send a card, call me for the address!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

She is brave! We'll be praying for her.

Angela and Mike said...

We will pray for her. How hard. I hope I don't ever have to go through that. Keep us updated.

becca said...

I know Loudoun hospital well -- but would have never expected Sheila to have to do what she is doing.
Thanks for the update!