Before (above): I couldn't raise my right arm all the way, couldn't raise it in the plane of my body, and couldn't rotate it down at all! It was stuck! Absolutely locked!
After (below): My right arm has full motion upward, perfectly in the plane of my body, and can rotate downward almost perfectly (still working on that one a little.) Hurray!
Today at therapy I had full range of motion in every direction, and my strength was rated 4+ out of a possible 5. Hurray! I'm doing so well. I took some "before" photos, and I'll try to have Dad or Steven take some "after" ones tonight, and I'll post them for you....so you can all be happy for me! I am very grateful. I've had fun, too, meeting other people, all recovering from different kinds of injuries or surgeries. Today, while I was on my arm bike, I talked with a lady recovering from a broken wrist. She was doing exercises holding and turning a hammer. It looked funny...like, all this high-tech stuff and she's sitting there with an actual hammer in her hand. And there's this real nice lady who's had two surgeries on the same knee because the first one got infected. We talk about our grandkids. There's an elderly lady preparing for a hip replacement. She has to do strengthening excercises just so she'll recover more easily when she gets the replacement. I think she's really brave, exercising with a sore hip. Sometimes, after therapy, I go to Sutron and then Daddy and I have lunch together. So, all in all, it's been a positive experience and I feel very blessed. See the amazing before and after photos, above.
By the way, I just heard it is NATIONAL KITCHEN AND BATH MONTH!!! Please send your ideas to celebrate this wonderful season!
By the way, I just heard it is NATIONAL KITCHEN AND BATH MONTH!!! Please send your ideas to celebrate this wonderful season!
5 comments:
I think I should celebrate by taking a bath every night after Erica goes to sleep. If only I had a nice big tub...
Hooray for your arm! I'm so glad you did this! I knew the "crunching" would be satisfying. :)
Deep thought: The coolest bathroom thing we've found lately is the FOAMING liquid hand soap. We are totally hooked on this. I found if you use regular liquid soap, dilute it by half, and put it in the foaming dispenser, it works great! Yes, I could submit that to Hints from Heloise.
I'm glad you are doing better! I love the hammer idea, that sounds like good therapy to me.
I'm glad you've been able to eat lunch with dad. Isn't that the best. It's nice working with Mike now...I get to see him lots of times during the day.
Way to go on the 4+. Hopefully soon you'll be a 5!
Wow! I love the pictures, i'm so glad you can move your arm now. It looks so much better. Yeah. We love mom.
Wow, those pictures have made me a believer!
I think that in honor of kitchen and bath month, Ang should buy a kitchen and 2 1/2 baths. Mission accomplished!
For me, I'd like a kitchen island, and my bathrooms cleaned.
Post a Comment