Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Thirty-three years. Today.

I haven't figured out time. Has it gone by quickly? Yes! Does it feel like forever? Yes, in a good way--like my whole life is actually defined by this union--everything I've put into it, and everything and everyone that has come of it. Is 33 years a long time? Yes, by some worldly reckoning. But then, yesterday, my mom said, "Thirty-three years? Oh, you don't know much yet...wait until it's 58 years! Then you'll know each other!" (Mom and Dad celebrate their 59th anniversary in August. They really are experts.) But then, 58 years isn't even a drop in the bucket either, compared to eternity. Still, it counts. It's a basis for a future we haven't even dreamed of yet.

So today I say, Dan, thanks for 33 beautiful years, and let's keep going for a few billion more.
I love you, and it hasn't gotten old.

4 comments:

janner said...

Happy Anniversary! You are a great couple--I remember very well the day you got married! I was so excited! I was Holly's age--weird!!!!!It is so cool to see what has happened in those 33 years since...a real testimony of the joy that can come from raising a righteous family.

Hannah said...

I love this. Happy Anniversary! Isn't eternity a happy thought?c

Angela and Mike said...

Happy anniversary to the best couple! I hope you had a great night. 33 is pretty awesome, but grandma is right...58 does have you beat :)

Love you both. You are the best.

becca said...

Yeah, Mom and Dad!

You know, Matt and I celebrate 10 years in a few weeks!?!