Our Scout troop is building boats for their summer activity coming up. Our local paper did an article which has a captivating interview with Gordon and son "Jeffery" (even though he spelled it correctly for them multiple times). Thought you might enjoy!
http://www.starexponent.com/cse/sports/other/article/adventure_at_sea/34930/
4 comments:
This is absolutely remarkable! I am just blown away by the whole thing. I heard about you guys building boats, but I did not grasp the full scale of the project. I am wondering if there has ever been another scout leader like Gordon. Amazing!
Wow, I had no idea you were building sailboats! I bet Sam would love to see these. I would have no idea where to start. But I think we have to watch out for that "Jeffery" and make sure he doesn't poke holes in anyone's boats.
To the unity of the troop! Wow, they are famous. Go Jeffery!
I hope the hot dogs sold well today!
Where to start . . .
What would the walmart lady think of Jeffrey and all those fumes! hahahaha -- she was right to be worried. kidding.
Gordon, I'm glad there were a couple pictures because I needed to see it to believe it! My favorite quote was, "nothing a little fiberglass and glue can't take care of." Tarps for sails, even! Amazing. I think it sounds a little like a scene from Stuart Little. :)
Post a Comment