So let's just say, I had a great day today. Since Dan is going out of town Thursday, on my actual birthday, we had a lovely birthday cake today. (Thank you, Hannah, for the "Perfectly Chocolate" icing!) I enjoyed playing with Erica and Aaron....especially showing Erica our Christmas tree and the train under it. Little dollies and animals enjoyed many circular rides today around the base of that tree! I am also getting very good at putting the engine and its cars back on the track. After everyone left this evening, Dan and I went to Lowe's and picked out our new vanity and granite countertop for our bathroom. Hurray! Happy Birthday to me!!
So here's the quiz: Look at the pictures below and guess which one is baby Max and which one is baby Jill. You've got to admit the resemblance is startling!


Enough about me. Now on to my dad. A very happy birthday to the most humble and amazing man. Dad has proven himself as our hero again and again throughout his life. He has always taken good care of all of us. But in these last years and months his true colors have shone even brighter as he cares for my mom so faithfully and with such unconditional love. Granted, she's an easy person to love... but still, his devotion to every detail of her care is awe inspiring. Dad, Grandpa, Great-grandpa, we love you and wish you a very happy birthday. It has always been fun to be your daughter, and I'm always happy when I find something we have in common. It means I'm on the right track!
Happy Birthday, Dad!
4 comments:
Mom, is it a rule that Dad has to be out of town for either your birthday or anniversary? Sorry about that!
But how great is GRANITE. That would keep me smiling for a while, even with Dad out of town!
Happy Birthday, Mom. You deserve all the granite countertops and vanities in the world, all the new bedroom sets and coordinating lamps ever, all the new curtains and comforters -- you deserve every good thing because you are ALWAYS helping others and thinking of others and serving your family. I love when you actually get to enjoy something yourself!
Happy Birthday, Grandpa. I remember 7 years ago when Robert came home from the hospital on your birthday! You came over to visit and hold him for the first time, and i felt so lucky to have a Grandpa that cared so much AND could make any baby happily fall asleep. You are one of a kind.
love you all! miss you more than you know!
OK--so here I am on the computer at 8:52 in the morning thinking I will write a birthday blog for my amazing sister...and, lo and behold, there is already one here! How awesome is that! I'm glad you had a great day-before-your-birthday Jill! Thanks for being such a great sister to me and aunt to my kids! I love the pictures...I've never seen the one of you before! So cute! Heredity is a crazy thing. You certainly inherited all of the best qualities from our family tree! So glad you were able to pick out stuff for your royal bathroom! We will look forward to a bathroom blog soon! Much love to you! Happy Birthday!
Mom, I think it's YOU on the right and grandpa on the left.
Happy Birthday mom, I'm so glad that you got a cake AND with the icing and all. Mmmmmm...sounds so good. I'm also so glad that youare getting granite countertops for the bathroom. You are going to LOVE THEM. Can I stay in the master bedroom over Christmas break? haha JUST kidding. Happy Birthday to the most wonderful mother ever. I hope I can live up to your mothering standard you set. Colton is lucky to have you as a grandma :) We love you!
GRANDPA-Happy birthday. I hope your day is spent with lots of little Thelin grandkids and yummy cake. You amaze me with your consistent giving and loving nature. I guess that's where my mom gets it. I'm really in a great family, aren't I? Have a great birthday, you deserve it. We love you!
Happy Birthday, again! We had such fun throwing together your little celebration last night! We love coming to Grandma's house...there is always fun to be had!
I echo Becca's comment that you deserve every good thing because of your giving heart. I honestly don't know anyone else who does more than you do for the people around you. You truly sacrifice so much for others (including me and my family).
Speaking of sacrifice, Mom must have gotten her charitable genes from Grandpa! Grandpa--you have always given so much of your time, energy, and heart to all of us. And, I don't think I've ever heard a grumble from your mouth. We love you and love that we get to see you often!
Post a Comment