Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Robert!




Somebody just sneaked in a birthday right after Thanksgiving! That's right! Robert is now SEVEN YEARS OLD!

Robert has always been a joy. I remember when he was born. He was our first grandchild, and the only one whose birth I actually attended. When he was placed in my arms, it was love at first sight!

A particularly cute phase was his chubby infancy, when his hair stuck up on his head like duck down. Of course, I think the cutest phase is RIGHT NOW, when Robert is old enough to be so intelligent and interesting to be with. He is fascinated with geography and animals and science. He's a wonderful reader and an amazing artist. He's good at basketball and running. But most important, he is VERY KIND and he loves his family and friends. A smile and a hug from Robert is the best gift ever! We are all so blessed to have Robert in our lives, and we wish him a very Happy Birthday!!!

4 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Happy birthday Robert! I was so fun to hang out with him for his birthday celebration in Utah. Robert is a great older brother. Maybe next year all his missing teeth will have grown in :) haha.

janner said...

Wow Robert! It sounds like you and your cousin Amy are practically twins with your missing teeth and intellectual pursuits! Chris had a fun time being with you on your birthday too! We are excited to have you come visit and play with us at Christmas! Hope you have a great year!

Hannah said...

Hooray! I love our little Robert. I remember the days of duck-down hair and chubby cheeks...it doesn't seem that long ago! I can't wait to hear all about his "interests" at Christmas time. Happy Birthday Robert! We love you and can't wait to see you.

becca said...

I am one lucky mom, for sure. I always marvel at how Robert fills such an important role in our family. He is the biggest brother, and a better bigger brother you will never find. (say that 10 times fast!)

(Danny, you are an equally good big brother!) :)