Monday, December 15, 2008

Fa La La La La ....

Steven's Christmas Concert:

Above left, Chamber Singers. (Steven's behind the microphone)
Above right, Vocal Jazz. (Back row.)

Steven, Hannah, Joey--December '08

Five out of our six* children have sung in elementary, intermediate, and high school choirs. Steven's our last.....so, it looks like Dan and I just attended our last public school "Winter Concert." At least the last one with a child of ours performing.( If our first official concert was when fifth grade Becca was 10 years old, that would be 19 straight years of concerts.) While I shed no tears about attending our last "Back-to-School Night" in September, I must admit it's a little sad thinking about last concerts. These are some of my happiest memories.

It was a great Winter Concert, however, and it was fun to have Joey and Hannah there to enjoy it with us! We are proud of Steven, who sings in Chamber Singers and Vocal Jazz. (He'll be in a Disney Dazzle show January 15-17, so mark your calendars if you have any Disney fans in your household!) And of course, we'll have a few more concerts in the spring.

Guess I'll start looking forward to BYU concerts (hopefully) and seeing grandkids in all their future musical events!

*OK, it was Danny who didn't sing in school choirs growing up....and then became his ward choir director when he attended college. Go figure.



Wait, I just had a happy thought! Adults sing, too! We got to attend a fabulous Messiah Sing-Along last night which featured Hannah's stake choir. And on Christmas Sunday, we get to hear our own ward choir (Dan, Steven Joey, with Jill directing) and then go hear Hannah's ward choir (Hannah directing). Yeah, I think I'll be all right.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I had such a fun time coming! Seriously, Steven's choirs were quite impressive. I really enjoyed myself!

And I think you're right; the winter concerts will continue on!

janner said...

We're sure in the midst of our winter concerts over here too! Got a few years to go before we have our last "official" one though!We'll mark our calendars for the Disney Dazzle--sounds fun! Isn't it fun to have so much music in the family? You all sound so great Steven! Very impressive! What a great way to ring in the Christmas spirit!

Angela and Mike said...

Great job Steven. I wish we could've been there. I LOVE winter concerts. I'll have to find a go one to go to out here. Mom, that is kinda sad to think of your LAST winter high school concert. Good luck you are so involved in ward choirs etc so I know you'll keep hearing beautiful music.

I'm totally bummed I won't be there for the Disney Dazzle. Make sure to record numbers from that too.