First of all, let's wish
Robin a very
happy birthday today! Recently, we discovered that Robin is very famous. We were perusing the MTC website prior to Christopher's departure, and checked out some of the virtual tours. Jokingly we clicked on the Mailroom tour (as in, why would the MTC offer a tour of the mailroom?). Imagine our surprise as we panned across the screen and saw none other than the lovely, young Sister Mitchell standing there with a letter! If you would like to see it too, the link is
http://www.mtc.byu.edu/movies/mail.mov. Not only will you get a kick out of seeing Robin, but you will be impressed by what an amazing mailroom it is. There is little doubt that it looks every bit the same as it did when she was there 8 years ago! Now Robin can join the ranks of the family web stars like Hannah with her BYU page! By the way, Carl also has his face on the University of Iowa staff page (German Dept.)
http://www.uiowa.edu/~german/CarlFollmer.shtml. Very good stuff.
Next, I'll post a few pictures of the little fiesta we threw for Chris the night before he left for Utah. We had a lot of fun decorating and doing the hat dance! There was even a pinata!


Finally, we sent Chris and Gordon off to Utah on Friday, Feb. 6. They are spending a few days visiting family and friends (and skiing) before Chris enters the MTC on Wednesday, Feb. 11. We are all very excited! Chris set up a blog for me to maintain for his mission, so now I am facing new technological challenges. The address is
http://elderthelin.blogspot.com/. Right now it is mostly just a black screen, but it will fill up shortly! In the meantime, his MTC address is:
Elder Christopher Murray Thelin
Utah Ogden Mission
Missionary Training Center Box 308
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, UT 84604
Hope everyone has a great week! Are you gearing up for the Valentine meatloaf again , Jill?
4 comments:
Awesome Awesome Awesome! I love that you happened upon Robin in the mail room (your hair looks cute short, Robin!), that Carl is the face of the german department, and that you had a fiesta before Chris left. I wish we could have been there! And, I REALLY wish that Erica hadn't slept so long on Friday. I still feel terrible! When should we come pay a visit??
We're so excited for Chris and cannot wait to keep up with his weekly emails!
I love the fiesta to send chris off in style! We will be thinking about and praying for him...AND you guys :)
What a big week!
Happy Birthday to Robin, and congrats to both Follmers for their notoriety!
The Fiesta was obviously a great idea--you really could go into the party planning business. Our hearts are with Chris and we are so excited about his journey to...the MTC! Thank you for his address. You are all the best.
Jan, you are handling this farewell bit marvelously. I have been thinking of you, and I'm glad to see that your humor is still intact.
Post a Comment