My sister is SO AMAZING! Every time she writes a blog on our site here, I realize she could be a world class journalist...Erma Bombeck, Thelin-style. She has just the right combination of wit and poignancy to make her writing irresisitible. Of course, it doesn't hurt that her family provides her with such a wealth of material.
But Jan's writing is just like so many other things in her life. She is just plain good at stuff, partly from raw talent and intellect, and partly because she is not afraid to exert herself, and partly because she really cares with all her heart.
It's the caring with all her heart part that has benefitted all of us who are lucky enough to be in Jan's life. I wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm sure her birthday is taking a back seat this year to her efforts to send off a missionary son in the next week.....but it still registers high on the Richter scale of important events. I am GLAD you were BORN TO US! You have always been a happy miracle in our lives.
We all love you so much. You are our favorite person! Hope that your next year is full of blessings and light. Love, Jill and the Farrell gang
P.S. Sure glad you have birthdays to mark off these years, because that's the only way we can tell you're getting any OLDER!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Jan. You truly are one talented woman. I love that you guys started this blog because I so look forward to reading all your hysterical stories about you and your family. I love your family to pieces.
I hope you have a wonderful birthday and are able to relax a little. Knowing the Thelines though, there will be no relaxing :) Love you!
We ARE so glad we have you! It's always been fun to have a hip young aunt...and you still are one! We love every minute we get to spend with you, and we love every story that we get to hear you tell. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
Thanks so much everybody! Especially thanks to Jill for the beautiful blog! You guys are the best! I did have a great day--my favorite comment was on Amy's card: "just russell up those old bones and have fun!" Wherever did that child come from. Me and my old bones intend on having a fabulous year of fun. Love to you all!
Amy is such a crack-up!
Post a Comment