Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Miracle

As anyone who's ever tried it knows.....it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get a good family portrait. As terrible as the odds are of this occurring successfully, they only get worse as you add more people to the mix (like maybe totalling 17). And you can multiply THAT when you count that a good portion of those people are children under the age of 8 (yeah, six of them). And oh yes . . . someone is pregnant, too (even though she's cute, she doesn't think so). So let's just make it even MORE difficult: add the stomach flu. Yeah, that's right. Have half a dozen or so of them collapsing the evening and night before the photo shoot.

SOOO . . . . it is quite obvious that to get a good picture would require nothing less than a MIRACLE!

Voila! Our Christmas miracle! I still can't believe it. I kept thinking after the pictures were taken that I had dreamed the whole thing, but there they are, and I couldn't be happier. We literally PASTED ourselves together for that!


I like this next one because it's just Dan and me and our grandchildren.
I love seeing all those little personalities. We had three daughters and three sons, and here we are with three granddaughters and three grandsons. Crazy. (Little Colton will come along and wreck all the that symmetry, but that's fine with us!)
GRANDKIDS RULE!!!!!!



I like THIS one because it is our original six children, and it's fun to compare it to our old family picture:


But it's REALLY fun to compare these two:



Look, I still tilt my head in towards Dan, just the same as always. I love looking at these two pictures and thinking of all the history that has occurred between them. We're the same people, but different, too.

Well, there's more history to be made. Happy New Year, everyone!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Those really are great pictures! Congrats!!

Angela and Mike said...

Or, as I would say, "Wa la" (instead of Voila or whatever :) ) What a good looking family, if I do say so myself. It truly was a Christmas miracle. We had the best time with you guys, I miss you already.

Farrells rock!

PS Isn't that little Colton SO cute? haha

Hannah said...

I love seeing the old pic of you and dad next to the new one!! You guys still look awesome...quite a lot of history has happened between now and then!!!

janner said...

Love the pictures! You all look incredible, especially considering the barfing preceding the pose. I really like the expressions on the kids faces in the grandkids picture! Jill and Dan are actually better looking now than when they got married. No joke. Christmas was so much fun! Glad you could all get together!

Ashby said...

Those pictures turned out great, and they were even more fun to see in person (wink wink!)

We had so much fun at your house last week. As we were walking out the door Ryan turned to me and said, "What a fun family!" And I couldn't agree more!

becca said...

Yeah! I need to actually get these awesome pictures up on my wall -- I miss everyone so much!

Do you remember the family picture where little-boy Joey wore tennis shoes and rolled onto the outer edge of his shoes while he stood?

I love the one with baby Steven in the middle -- you can barely see his diaper. :)

How about the picture where Robert was the only grandchild and we ALL tried to make him smile. Only 1 child under age eight then!

This will be remembered as the Christmas miracle family picture.

Love you!