Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Attack of the Killer Squash


This is funny, considering our limited gardening skills.
I guess it did rain a lot in June and July.
Know any good recipes?

6 comments:

Hannah said...

ha ha ha. This is the funniest picture EVER! I bet Amy has some good ones.

becca said...

LOVE the picture! How awesome! And, what exactly is that bright orange squash? I've never seen one of those in the produce section!

In Virginia, things grow. How novel! Everything here is withering under bright sun and water restrictions. Oh well!

Jill said...

What you don't see is that the squash in Daddy's left hand, at the bottom of the picture, is even bigger than the one that I'm holding. The just sort of spontaneously generated in the back yard from these tiny seedlings. Virginia is amazing.

Angela and Mike said...

haha, I love the picture with the serious faces. Those are HUGE. I can't believe you guys grew them. Wow.

janner said...

This is like the greatest picture I have ever seen. "Green Acres is the place for me..." No one else will have any clue what that means. How do you grow these splendid squashes? (I know that is not the correct plural form but it sounds fun) We are completely inept at producing any sort of vegetable matter in our garden even though we also live in Virginia. We are very impressed. And jealous. Yes, I'll say it. We are jealous of your squash success!But we still love you.

Jill said...

I do admit our squash is enviable. We cut it all up and froze it before we left on vacation. We named the big one "Gigantor." By the way, we were going for the Green Acres look, so I'm glad that's what came to your mind!