Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Still Stellar


Last night was Steven's last official concert of the year (though his choir will still sing at graduation next week). It was a fun evening, made more casual by the fact that each choir had its own set of matching t-shirts and no one had to wear their gowns and tuxes! ("Hurray!" says Jill the uniform coordinator.) Steven was honored three times, for his work as a section leader in Chamber Singers, for having participated in District Choir this year, and for receiving a second choir pin to add to his choir letter. In addition to staying with the Chamber Singers, Steven auditioned and was accepted into the Jazz Choir for next year, so we'll look forward to some more wonderful performances. (Look for a Disney production in the fall, little Thelin girls!) Jill was honored last night for her work with uniforms and costumes, and was happy to be given a gift certificate to Nordstroms!

6 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Way to go Steven AND mom. I love the shirts, fun idea. Steven is totally taking Westfield by storm. I think he got every award there is to offer...in Farrell style. Those are nice pictures of Steven, you look like a stud!

I'm so excited for the jazz choir, how'd you work out the scheduling? I want to see one of the performances!

Mom, I'm so glad you were recognized. You deserve it. Have fun at nordstroms.

Jill said...

The scheduling is tricky. Ms. Lardin is trying to move practice back a half hour so Steven can get to Mutual late each week, but not miss it.

becca said...

Nordstroms, Mom? Oooh, luxury!

Steven, I wish wish wish I could go to your concerts. I'm glad I get to hear ABOUT them, but I want to HEAR them.

Hannah said...

Love the choir shirt idea. That probably made it so fun for the kids. I can't WAIT for disney dazzle next year...maybe Erica can come too?? So fun!

If you want someone to go to Nordstroms with you, I'm in!

janner said...

Congratulations Steven! We think you are amazing. Jeffrey and I will have to plan to come to some of your concerts next year! Have fun at Nordstroms Jill! What is Nordstroms anyway? You mean there are other stores out in the real world besides Walmart? No wait, Culpeper just got a Target. We'll get there eventually. You are the most awesome costumer on the planet, Jill. I'm glad some other people recognize that too!

Dan said...

Nice work!