I just returned from Las Vegas, where we celebrated Colton's first birthday. After experiencing some mobility challenges, it was rewarding to see Colton up and moving around so successfully! A few sessions of physical therapy have sent him on his way to a healthy level of activity. He seemed to learn something new every day I was there! Above you see him doing "So big," which also looks like the "down came the rain" part of "Itsy Bitsy Spider." His other favorites are"Pattycake" and "Peas Porridge Hot."
Below you can see how Colton loves to read. He adores books, pointing to the interesting objects, lifting flaps, and listening to the story.
Colton says several words consistently: Mama, Dadda, ball, whoa (exclamation of coolness) , and vroom (car noise, sounds more like "vvuh"). He also says, "Pa, pa, pa," while pounding on his lap, to signify "Peas porridge hot, peas porridge cold."
Below: Of all the toys he got for his birthday, Colton enjoyed the balloons the most! "Whoa!" he kept saying.
Look at this beautiful little face. OK, I'm a grandma, but isn't it obvious to everyone that this is a darling boy?
Below: It is thrilling to see Colton ALMOST crawling. He can now go from lying down to sitting position to crawling position back to sitting position all by himself. He rocks on his little hands and knees and will likely take off any moment.
With just a little assistance, Colton can get to standing position, and once he is there he is very steady and strong. With the increased activity, his breathing glitch has all but disappeared. It was likely a result of pent-up muscle tension and boredom. He seems to be in perfect health.
I am so grateful I had this trip to see for myself how well Colton is doing, and to enjoy his dear little personality. He has so many sweet expressions, a different smile for every occasion. Happy, happy birthday dear Colton! It promises to be a very big year for you!! We love you.
5 comments:
I LOVE all these pictures. You really captured his personality :) I may be a little biased, but I'm pretty sure he is the most handsome little thing in the world! haha.
We miss you like crazy. You taught Colton so many new tricks!
Wow, this is a cute kid! I have always thought he looked like Mike in other pictures, but I am definitely seeing some Angela in there now! Something through the eyes/forehead area-anyway, SO CUTE!!! It is fun to see him in new positions. He will be running around in no time!
These pictures are just wonderful! I love looking at his little face, which looks so Mike AND so Angie at the same time! Seriously, in almost every picture I see both of them so clearly!
Way to go Colton with your mobility. SO exciting!
I love all the pictures of Colton. I think you caught his cute personality in a lot of them. We are so excited that he is moving and making progress! He is our favorite one year old!
It was great to see you while you were here. That was so sweet of you and Angela to include us in the birthday festivities. Glad you made it home safe!
haha, I hadn't read any of the comments before writing mine, but Angela's and mine are pretty much the same.
Oh well. Great minds think alike I guess!
Post a Comment