(Above, Erica picks apples at Grandma and Grandpa's house.)
It's that fun time of year....our mantel sports a stuffed scarecrow, a smiley pumpkin, and a couple of gourds.....the patriotic summer sofa pillows have been replaced by the ones with colorful leaves. It's time to say goodbye to the sorry begonias out front and plant some mums. Time to gather in, to sip cider, to snuggle, to plan for holidays ahead. Time to pick apples, and to go to the pumpkin patch. The trees haven't really started turning their bright colors yet, but I'm ready!
It's also time to wish my mom a happy birthday! One very good reason to celebrate autumn is that my mom is home from the hospital and feeling a little better than she was a few weeks ago. Hope she knows how much she means to each of us, how central HER well being is to OUR well being. Looking forward to lots of visits, chats, and projects.
Much love to my mom and dad, for all the love they give to us and each other.
Happy Birthday, Mom! And happy autumn.
4 comments:
I didn't even know this picture existed! Silly girl. Mmmm...just the thought of sipping hot cider sounds divine, and the pumpkin patches. I'm ready for fall colors too!
We love you Grandma, and can't wait to visit you on Monday (maybe?!)
Oh, isn't autumn wonderful? My favorite. I'm trying to soak it all up with in Utah because as we all know...fall doesn't happen in Vegas. We are going to drive thru the canyons tomorrow and it'll be beautiful I'm sure!
Favorite: crunchy leaves on the sidewalk!
Time to miss Virginia!
How can I have "Autumn" in my heart when it's still endless summer outside?
My perceptive visiting teacher brought me little plastic acorns in Autumn colors, that's how!
Plastic acorns!! A Southern California autumn. Should I come out with a suitcase of leaves?
Post a Comment