OK, for some reason I'm having difficulty downloading any pictures.
Oh, well, you all know what Danny looks like. Beautiful baby, cute boy, handsome man, etc.
Danny, I wish you a very happy birthday. I wish I could be there with you to give you a hug, make you a nice dinner, bake you a cake, clean your house, or do whatever a mom could do for her boy on his birthday. But you grew up and moved far away and became very independent, and here I am, thinking about you.
I remember vividly the day and the moment you were born. You were a perfect little stranger to me, but I loved you from the beginning. Daddy and I used to sing "I Am a Child of God" to you as we held you in our little one bedroom apartment in Fairfax, and you would look up at us like you knew exactly what we were singing. I used to think, "The veil is very thin now. He remembers a heavenly home. See how he looks at us as we sing. He understands." Then you gradually became enamored with this life and all the fun of crawling and tasting and exploring. You were so smart and learned everything in a snap.
But the nice thing was you never lost your understanding of the message, "I Am a Child of God." I think in some way you have always remembered, even though you have now learned LOTS of things about the world we live in. Way beyond the crawling and tasting phase, but still in the exploring one, I think. Always remember.
You have brought us so much joy. You were the perfect big brother, always so kind and loving, and a wonderful respectful son. We are so proud of your integrity and your diligent striving to learn all you can and make things better wherever you are. We wish you a year of success and happiness and love.
Happy Birthday, Danny! You are so dear to us. We love you!
4 comments:
Happy birthday to the coolest, sweetest, funniest, smartest...guy I know! Hope it's a great day. We miss you and love you :)
I love envisioning young mom and dad singing to baby Danny. We love you Danny and hope you have the best birthday ever. I never understood why other people didn't like their brothers, because mine were always so kind to me. Thanks for being patient with my crazy ways growing up. WE love you!
Oh my goodness, I don't have anything nearly as beautiful to write as Mom or Ang or Hans, but I wish you a happy birthday, too! I loved talking with you today. As usual, I got off the phone feeling like I learned something -- from what you said, and from who you are. You're amazing!
Happy Birthday today, and Happy Party this weekend!
We all love you here at the Thelins, Danny! A card is in the mail, but late as usual! I, like your mom, remember when you were born! I was so excited! THe song I remember singing to you most was "Daniel the Cocker Spaniel" I had to sing every word right or you would correct me--that song is still a favorite of mine, and I never forgot the words! You are now, as you were then, amazing! I am always bragging about you! Hope you have an awesome year!
Post a Comment