Wednesday, November 12, 2008

California Recording Artists

Rebecca and her friend Torie made this recording.
"For Good"

Torie (a cool friend to have, obviously) has a recording studio in her closet. (Now THERE's an idea for YOUR new closet, Jan!) I think it sounds totally professional. It's a duet. Guess which voice is Rebecca. (They're both pretty.) OK, I'll tell you. Becca sings the first verse, Torie sings the second, and then they sing together.

Here's what Becca wrote to me: "So, you can't live in LA without recording a song. My good friend Torie has professional recording equipment . . . . in her walk-in closet. Here's what we did over a few late nights. Love, Becca"

Wow, I knew my girl was talented!!!! (and so is her friend!)

5 comments:

janner said...

Wow. Where can we buy the CD? :)
Move over Kristen Chenoweth and Idina Menzel--I like Becca and Torie! That sounds FABULOUS! Now I am going to get hooked on Wicked again, I can feel it coming on! It is coming to Norfolk, VA in May by the way. We may have to plan a trip. Another Wicked trivia fact:
Did you all realize that Idina Menzel (original Elphaba on broadway and CD) plays the girlfriend lady who ends up with Prince Charming in Enchanted? See what you started Becca? I am going to get my soundtrack right now and put it in the car for morning. But I'll be thinking of you singing instead.

Angela and Mike said...

I love it...and yes, Jan, I think this is a good diea for your closet!

Hannah said...

It is my personal opinion that Becca's talent has always been underestimated because she's so humble! You sound BEAUTIFUL! I can see our family having so much fun with a recording studio!

Jill said...

OH wow, wouldn't we have fun with a recording studio? Becca says she and Torie downloaded the accompaniment. And yes, Becca, your voice is like a beautiful clear bell.

janner said...

It almost made me cry. There was so much emotion in your voice as you sang. It was truly beautiful. Now I want to see it again! - Gordon