I guess it's not enough that I got my article in last week's Herndon Connection. Not to be outdone, Robin just got an article picked up by the Mormon Times, an online paper "brought to you by the Deseret News." Check out her article entitled "Conflicting Commandments" at the links below.
In context of a larger section, click on "Conflicting Commandments" under "Power Picks":
http://mormontimes.com/mormon_voices/emily_w_jensen/?id=4061
or, for just the article:
http://rainscamedown.blogspot.com/2008/10/conflicting-commandments.html
Way to go, Robin!!! We knew you were brilliant!
OK, this is a bit of a stretch, but there's a story by Heidi Rose in the September Friend. Heidi is my son-in-law Mike's sister-in-law. (Mike's brother's wife, mom of two cute little boys.)
This family veritably REEKS of GREATNESS!!
5 comments:
How cool Robin! I really enjoyed reading your writing. It struck a similar chord with some things I've been contemplating lately, which I thought was really cool.
And, way to go Heidi! How fun to have a story in the friend. I'll have to check out your handwriting the next time I see it...
Great article Robin. I like the subject of how what's right for you it in between you and the Lord, the shades of grey allow for differences in families. One isn't necessarily right or wrong.
Miss you guys!
I loved reading this, and I enjoyed the interesting conversation in the comments section. Way to go, Robin. The editor's note was complimentary -- I like how she described Carl. :)
Super job, Robin! You bring up a lot of good points--I always try to look at things, too, like there is a time and season for different things.
Early on in our married life, when Chris was little, we never would have made it unless I worked--and we were already living with grandma and grandpa! We were pitiful. But I actually really enjoyed having that time to teach preschool. Now I am at a place where I can and want to be at home.
You are so right that each family has to work it out with the Lord what is best at that time. Way to go! You have a terrific family--we love you!
What can I say? I met them both on the mission, and Robin and Carl are two people on my "best friends" list. It's a very short list! I think the world of both of them, and am glad her article got the attention it deserved. I've never had so much traffic.
Post a Comment