Friday, March 14, 2008

What a Difference a Day Makes!

Our dear little Erica, who was so mystified by her first visit to the hospital, decided on day two that baby brother was quite nice after all! It is understandable that a two-year-old has no idea what to make of Mommy and Daddy disappearing for a day, then reappearing in a strange place called a hospital, with a little creature called a baby brother!

On Thursday, she had a "deer in the headlights" look about the whole affair. But, today, Friday, she was the experienced visitor who held her little brother with love and confidence. She was amazed to find that he had toes under all those blankets, and enjoyed playing "This little pig went to market . . . " She also found that under that little knit hat was a warm little head with soft hair she could kiss. So certain that no one would abridge her rights to hold her new-found love, she exploded into a fit of tears when it was time for him to be put in his bassinet so he could go to the nursery for his newborn tests. Luckily I still had some candies in my pocket from Grandma Shirley's stash the day before, or we might not have made it out of the room.

I'm sure she'll be excited to be home with her entire family very soon, though I must admit we have had a wonderful time keeping her here at our house. She is so cozy and happy here, and I think she has managed the whole week like a champ!

4 comments:

becca said...

That "deer in the headlights" picture (or the "my world has come crashing down" picture, as Matt put it) from yesterday was priceless. But Erica certainly looks more like her bubbly, affectionate self today. And Aaron is so dang cute, it makes me glad that I'm pregnant. "Baby hungry" is the appropriate term. He is SOOOO cute!!!!!!
Love you all! What a happy time for all of us!
Keep the pictures coming; I can't get enough of my new nephew!

Angela and Mike said...

Yeah! I'm so glad Erica loves her new baby brother. He is so cute...awww, I can't wait until I get to see him! I'm so glad Hannah gets to go home soon and relax and home with her new little family!or...probably not relax.

Jill said...

Hey all, I just have to recommend the gorgeous collection of pictures now found on Hannah's site...including cute sibling interaction!

Chell said...

The deer in the headlights shot is a favorite of mine. Such a priceless image of her. Can't wait to be back down there in 3 weeks to do more shots of Aaron and hopefully some of him with Erica.