There's no way to really do this.
Happy Birthday to a most remarkable person. Everybody loves Jan. (No, it's not a TV series, but it could be.) It would be impossible NOT to love Jan. She was a miracle to us when she was born, and she's been a joy ever since. Imagine how fun it was for Jack (14) and me (11) to get a baby sister of our own! She was the light of our lives! But guess what? She grew up. . . . and now instead of being our baby sister, she's our example! Here are just a few of Jan's endearing qualities: She's smart. She's kind to everyone. She has a great sense of humor, and is a terrific writer. She's creative . . . she creates a home where imagination flourishes and love abounds. She is an amazing mother. She respects and nurtures each person's strengths. She's thoughtful. She is patient. She's a great leader, teacher, and gifted speaker. She's human. She's superhuman. She's Jan!
Happy, Happy Birthday, and may your year bring you at least a measure of the joy you bring others. We LOVE YOU!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Jan! You really are our hero. It was so fun having an aunt that was so young and hip when we were kids...we still all envy you and want to be just like you. You add such happiness and joy to our lives. So glad that we live near you and your fun bunch!!
Happy Birthday Jan! We love you and hope you have a great day. You may be one year older, but you will always be a lot younger than my mom and dad :) haha. We love you and miss you. I am so lucky that I was able to grow up living so close to you. You and your family have been a huge part in my life. We love you. Happy Birthday!
Thank you! I am overwelmed at all of the kind words! I had a great day. I love you all!
You are the generation bridge, right Jan? I do love you, and hope your birthday was grand! Can I add a few of my favorite janner memories? Sleepovers with Aunt Jan, stories about fun college antics, you painting my fingernails only to have me scrape off the paint and ask you to re-paint them the next day, having baby Robert and baby Amy at the same time, and of course all the fun (and good food) provided by your family . . .
I've always felt lucky to be Rebecca Jan! Happy Birthday!
It is acutally
Gordon said...
Jill, what a wonderful tribute to Jan. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful wife. It was twenty years ago on her birthday that I proposed. I still remember how excited and nervous I was. It is not everyday that you ask the most beautiful girl you have ever seen to marry you. Luckily she has a great sense of humor like you said or she might not have said yes. I also remember calling to get permission and having both mom and dad saying “are you sure? I don’t think she is ready to get married.” I can see now why they were reluctant to give up their girl. I am so blessed to have her as my eternal companion and along with it marry into such a wonderful family. I love all of you and especially my dear wife Jan. Happy birthday!!!
Gordon, we're glad she said "yes." We love you both!
Post a Comment