Just home from a happy, hectic holiday with some of my favorite people. Hannah, little Erica, and I flew to Southern California to visit with Rebecca, Matt, Robert, Seth, and Megan. Angie and Mike made a weekend visit as well.
We also took a side trip down to Newport Beach to visit with Dan's mom and family. We descended upon Grandma BJ's house in impressive numbers, and representing all ages. The youngest was Tim and Annie's beautiful new little baby Ethan. (So wonderful to have four generations present!)
I was impressed by the demands of young parenthood. These little ones are nonstop energy and drive. They play beautifully, work hard, and need LOTS of nurturing. My hat goes off to all of you busy dedicated parents!! NOTHING requires more skill or patience.
My favorite game was when Robert and Seth played "store." This involves the boys getting out every toy imaginable, displaying them creatively on the piano (every level, on the keys and all.) An army man might be showcased in wooden blocks, for example. Then I come and shop with fake money, or sometimes I just get to pick out anything I want for free! It's a great deal.
The two toddlers, Erica (23 months) and Megan (21 months), alternated between saying "NO!" to each other, and patting each other sweetly. Erica calls Megan "My May," and Megan says, "Air-Kah!"
It was hard to say goodbye to my beautiful little brood in CA, but I'm happy to be back home with my sweet husband and wonderful son Steven. I think I would have liked the olden days when everybody just grew up and lived in the same town.
I was going to post some pictures but there's no way I can top Hannah's collection. Just check out the pictures on her blog for a great representation of the trip. (See "Mautz Family" under my Favorite Links at left.)
3 comments:
See, I knew you could capture the whole week in a few paragraphs! That is just how the week was -- and though I am still recovering, I miss it already. Megan misses you, too. On a phone conversation with Aunt Erika in Utah, Megan called her "Aunt Hannah", "Aunt Erica Baby", and "Grandma". She's got it all figured out.
Thanks for the super-human effort it took to fly across the country and entertain 4 kids in a small setting for a week!
And Erica is still looks at Megan's pic and affectionately calls her "Muh May." We had such a great time. :)
haha, I love the store game. For FREE? Man, they could've made some money off of you for sure! I love the Meggie and Erica argue and then give each other hugs. Girls girls girls...funny. I'm sad I couldn't go to Newport with you guys. It sounds like you guys had a great and ACTIVE time.
I hope g'ma handled it all well...and I TRULY hope you put your name on a cup!
Post a Comment