Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Jack, cont'

Its late at night -- but mid-morning in Virginia.
I took the Star Ferry (which has been running the route for 100 years)
across Victoria Harbour from Hong Kong Island to the Kowloon peninsula,
just a 5 minute ride but spectacular! I spent some time relaxing in
Kowloon Park then went to the Waterfront Promenade to see the
Hong Kong Island skyline -- the most stunning skyline I've ever seen,
even surpasses New York! At 8pm they had the daily laser Light Show
and buildings on each side of the Harbour shoot lights at each other --
lights flashing high across the harbor.
Tomorrow plan to take a ferry to Lantau Island and see the world's
largest Buddha statue -- must climb 296 steps to get to the top.
Things going fine -- becoming quite proficient at using the HK subway system.
Much love to all from Asia.
Jack

No comments: