Saturday, August 21, 2010

Welcome, Sweet Emmeline!


Welcome, beautiful little Emmeline Shirley Mautz.
Born 10:34 AM at Fair Oaks Hospital to Hannah and Sam Mautz.
8 lb. 1 oz.---20 1/2 inches long.



Oh, yeah, and Happy Birthday, Sam!
I guess this is the best present you ever got!





Emmeline has had a sleepy day, but has made a couple of valiant attempts to eat. Hannah was in good spirits this evening after finally shrugging off an afternoon of nausea. She was up and walking about the room when I came for my visit, and said it felt good to do that! She had also eaten, and was looking forward to a good breakfast tomorrow. Sam will be spending the night at the hospital with them,
and I'm grateful for such a capable and loving son-in-law.



After putting Erica and Aaron to bed tonight,
Grandma got to come to the hospital herself to get a sneak preview.
It was love at first sight.
Grandma's quote: "I can't believe I get to do this again!"
(I pretty much started tearing up just upon entering the 3rd floor and seeing
the moms pushing their little baby carts around!)




We expect to take Aaron and Erica to the hospital tomorrow to see their new sister!
Hannah and Sam think they'll be pretty bored and want the company by then!
THAT will be exciting. More pictures to follow.

Meanwhile, here are a couple shots of our little angels enjoying grandma's house, where they said they want to stay "for a lot of sleeps." They are on two air mattresses in Steven's room. And they are wearing PJ's which I whipped up on my sewing machine in about 15 minutes when we realized there were none in their suitcase! Please forgive the fact that they have no finished necklines. The funny thing is that when they woke up this morning, they thought I should make them clothes. I tried to explain that this was not necessary, since their mommy had packed them plenty of clothes. We finally compromised by me making them each a beanbag instead.




Joey is a good horsey. Too bad I missed the shot when he was wearing bunny ears.
When told she had a new sister, Erica thought about it a while and then said, "I have some panties that are too small for me, and I will share them with her."

5 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Mom THIS IS GREAT. Thank you. Emmeline is simply scumptious. So cute, I just love those cheeks. I'm glad Hannah is feeling better, and I can't wait to hear how Erica and Aaron do meeting her! Love you all and thinking of you. So fun!

janner said...

EMMELINE IS BEAUTIFUL! We are SO excited about her arrival on this busy but wonderful day for our whole family! Thanks for posting these pictures! We all looked at them after family prayer! Can't wait to meet her! We love her already! We also think it is amazing that Jill can make PJs in 15 minutes, but glad that she did not have to continue with a full wardrobe. Nice save with the beanbags!

janner said...

P.S. Hannah! We were thinking of you all day! So glad that you are feeling better and hope that your recovery is super easy. We love you! Happy Birthday to Sam, too! What a fun present!

Carl and Shirley Mautz said...

Many thanks for the blog post. We were excited to get some more pictures of her. She is beautiful. We hope Hannah recovers quickly. Loved the story of the Pj's and the new wardrobe. You are amazing. I also thought it was very nice of Erica to share the panties she has out grown. That is the true spirit of sharing, don't you think? I love what she thinks about and says.

becca said...

Mom, did you use spare curtains like Frauline Maria? "These are a few of my favorite things . . . "
I just love Emmeline, and I eat up all these pictures.