Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring Productions

It happens every spring!
Plays, musicals, roadshows, choir performances. . . .
Other people are spring cleaning, mulching, gardening, refreshing their organized lives.
And where am I? At the sewing machine, pinning, stitching, measuring, altering . . .
And where else am I? Coaching budding actors, refining scripts. . .
Do I sleep?
Not well. Lyrics and tunes waft through my head unceasingly. Fabric and patterns dance before my eyes. This too shall pass.

And then I'll miss it!!!

This year? Dan and Steven are directing and filming "Trustworthy Tales," an original film for our church youth to contribute to the Stake Film Festival. My role seems to be that of editor, artistic consultant, music leader, and idea generator. AND, yes, there's also the school show, "Disney Dazzle," for which I am sewing Grecian dresses for a Hercules number, and doing several alterations for other performers. (Let's not even talk about Youth Conference, for which I am in charge of costumes.) I just keep thinking of all these enthusiastic young people doing something so wholesome, fun, and creative. Glad I can help. Ah! Glorious spring!!

3 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Wow, you sound busy mom...as always! That video that Steven and Dad and you are putting together sounds fantastic. You are so talented. I remember I would just lay on your bed while you sewed to keep you company and talk :) Good times.

Hannah said...

I can't wait to see the film festival movie. It will be so great. AND, I think sewing costumes for plays is way more important than spring cleaning. What's the fun of cleanliness if you don't get to live a little??

You're amazing. Your granddaughter is out on the deck right now playing with water (sponges, paintbrushes, cups, etc). You really always have the greatest ideas!!

Jill said...

Hannah, I have been a lousy grandma this week. Next week is much better! I remember all of you loving to play with water . . . how long ago was that? You are a GREAT mom!

Angie, I wish you were here to keep me company while I sew. It gets lonely and boring!