Christmas music is wonderful. At church today, we had a harpist play "O Holy Night" and I thought we were with the angels.
But there's another rendition of this same song I love just as much--though it is very different, and you'd never hear this version in Sacrament Meeting. It is played by some jazz musicians who were displaced a couple of years ago by Katrina, but who came together to form a brass group. I heard it a couple of years ago, and it's now one of my holiday favorites. It just makes me cry. I think I might have some jazz genes in me somewhere.
Here's a link to hear it. Don't bother about the video...it's just an interview, not the music. What you want is to hit the "O Holy Night" mp3 download.
http://www.tromboneshorty.com/studio60.html
Christmas frenzy getting on your nerves? Just close your eyes, listen to this, and breathe.
Merry Christmas!
3 comments:
Very nice! I have some Jazz genes too...I think we got them from grandpa (your dad). I bet he would love this!
That is very soothing I bet Jordan (mike's bro) would love that since he LOVES jazz stuff. I love Chrsitmas music! I've even gone running while listening to Christmas music on my ipod. haha.
oooh, jazzy and nice. I think Dad's love of all things brass has rubbed off on you. Remember the Disneyland trip where he recorded like 10 minutes of that trumpet player on Main Street -- the last 10 minutes of camcorder tape we had?
We had a lovely version of O Holy Night this Sunday as well -- sung by a tenor. Loved it!
Post a Comment