Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mike!

I'd like to publicly acknowledge how awesome my son-in-law Mike is.  It's been a difficult year.  Beyond difficult.  He has handled it with love, grace, and great ability.  Mike's deep love for his family, his devotion and thoughtfulness to Angela, his understanding and sweet patience with Colton, have all been consistent and unwavering.  Now he's going to school full time for his Master's degree (and working in hospital administration) which means getting up before dawn, studying and working all day so he can be home in time to see Colton before bedtime, then doing more homework after Colton goes to bed.  He is 100% true and faithful.  He is smart, capable, versatile, fun, and very kind.  We just love him.  So grateful he is ours!  Happy Birthday, Mike!  May this year bring many blessings, progress, and happy memories.

4 comments:

Carl and Shirley Mautz said...

Hey Mike. I hear it is your birthday today. I sure hope you get time to celebrate. Carl and I think you and Angie are pretty awesome. Being able to handle school, work, and family is a hard task, but it seems you are doing so admirably. It was so fun to see you all at Joey and Kristin's wedding. I hope it isn't as long of a time the next time. Happy Birthday Mike.
Carl and Shirley Mautz

Hannah said...

Mike, you just get more amazing the longer I know you. When I first met you, you were obviously high on the cool list because you were a basketball star. Hey-oh! I felt cooler just to have you as a brother-in-law. And as the years have past, I've only become more impressed. You quietly commit yourself to your callings and the people you teach. You show unceasing kindness and devotion as a husband. You give such perfect love and patience as a father. Thank you for your incredible faith and all that you give to my sister and your wonderful family. We love you!

Kristin said...

MIKE! Joey and I wish you the HAPPIEST of birthday wishes. We love having you as a brother-in-law. Not only are you super cool and amazing at basketball, but you're a #1 dad. We admire and look up to you. Best of luck with school this year. Way to take on the world! :)

Dan said...

Happy Birthday, Mike! Thanks for caring so much about me and my life. And thanks for being a great dad for Colton and a great husband for Angie!
Danny