
Steven's choir just had their Choral Awards Banquet last night. It was an opportunity to gather together for dinner, for selected senior solos, awards, and a send-off to all the seniors in choir. Below, Steven is pictured with Sarah, and Micaela, the two other seniors who are destined for BYU next year. In all, there are 28 choral students who are graduating.

Because his teacher has been sick with pneumonia, Steven was in charge of organizing and rehearsing the senior group number, which was "Bring On Tomorrow" from Fame.

Each year the WHS Choral Boosters awards a few scholarships. Applicants had to detail all their music and leadership experience and write an essay. One Student was awarded a $1000 scholarship, and three were awarded $500 each. We were surprised and pleased to find out that Steven was one of the three students who were awarded $500 scholarships. It is a big honor.

Steven was so happy that two of his sisters could attend the event. Below we see Hannah, Rebecca, Steven, Jill, and Dan. (Special thanks to Hannah and Becca for being photographers and recorders, too.)

One exciting moment of the evening was when lightning struck, and all the power went out for a few seconds. The cafeteria went pitch black, girls screamed, etc. Of course, all I could think was,
"The power has to go back on so Steven can sing his solo! He needs the mic and the electric piano!" Luckily it did come back on the the show could go on. Steven performed "Amsterdam" by Coldplay, and we were all very impressed!
We LOVE you, Steven. We are proud of you. You did a fabulous job.
Steven Senior Solo
5 comments:
I am so excited that for ONCE I don't have to say, "Wish I could have been there!" Steven, you have accomplished so much with your music, and I am so impressed. Your solo was awesome! High notes, low notes, middle notes, all the notes played and sung -- awesome.
Well becca, I WILL say it "I wish I could've been there." Way to go Steven. We are so proud of you. It's so crazy at the end of senior year with all the end of the year stuff going on...I can't believe you are almost graduated!
Awesome song. I can't believe you played AND sung. There is no way I could do that!
Ah yeah, Steven! I already extended a private congratulations to you for your scholarship via alternate technology in the internet communication realm, however, being in a more public setting, I would render a repetition of such now; Congratulations! Also, fantastic job with your Coldplay cover, Amsterdam is a great song and you very much did it justice. I would have been way flat on those stratospheric notes, you however handled them with prowess. I will echo the solaces of my more immediate older sister in saying, I wish I could have been there!
Wow! That was great Steven! We are all amply impressed. Hopefully we can talk you into a live performance when you are here tomorrow! Congratulations on the scholarship too! That is such an honor, and one well deserved! Good show! (Also, a great choice of song.)
It was amazing, Steven! I've had the song in my head ever since you performed it and had to watch it over and over. Really, quite remarkable! I'm so glad I was there!
Post a Comment