So, I've been at the C. residence here in CA for a week, and have fallen in love all over again with my dear grandchildren. Including my little (four-year-old) Seth.
Picture me applying makeup and blow-drying my hair at the bathroom mirror, while Seth stands at the door watching me carefully. I actually look pretty good, having just put on my mascara, eye liner, blush, and a touch of lip gloss. As the dryer works its magic, my professionally highlighted tresses swirl about my face.
Seth: You don't look like a grandma.
Jill (smiling through freshly frosted pink lips): Why, thank you, Seth. Do you think I look more like a mom?
Seth (thoughtfully): No . . . you look more like a kind of "weird hair" person.
A few moments later, I'm finished drying my hair. It is no longer swirling around in the hot air. I blast it with touch of hairspray, and it's done.
Seth (relieved): NOW you look like a grandma!
Jill (humbled): Thank you.
7 comments:
We here at the Thelin house LOVE this story. There is such great material from all these little kids in the family--somebody ought to be making some money!
The girls don't think you look like a Grandma either. After all, you are married to Mike Rose, "Aunt-Jill-a". I've given up trying to explain it.
Weird hair person or not, we love you.
I love the honesty of children! This is so hysterical! I'm glad that in the end he was relieved when you looked like grandma again. Better never do anything drastic to your appearance!!
I laughed so hard and had to read your post to Gordon. I loved the description of your professionally highlighted tresses swirling around your face. Kids are so funny.
My dear Seth, I love him! haha. You don't look like a grandma OR a weird hair person, I think. But, who cares what I think. I think it was Robert that asked me while sitting on my lap in church, "what's that black stuff on your eyelashes." ...I realized he was referring to my mascera :)
So cute! Grandma just told me about your blog! I love it! Can you tell Rebecca to invite me to her blog? I can't view it... :(
Me too, I need an invitation. Fun that you all have blogs. We need to get Annie and Sue on the wagon.
Haha. Ah, Seth. What a cute kid.
Post a Comment